Simple Vanilla Buttermilk Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
125 g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla essence
to serve: 3 tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
2. Line, grease and flour a 20cm springform cake tin.
3. Beat he butter, sugar and vanilla essence together until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs, alternating with about 2 tbsp of flour. Add the buttermilk and beat until smooth.
5. Gently fold in the remaining flour gradually.
7. Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 35 minutes.
8. Remove fro oven and let stand for about 10 minutes on a rack.
9. Sieve icing sugar over the top and it is all pretty and ready to serve!